The goals of this online course are as follows:
- To raise awareness of multiculturalism and social justice issues embedded in the technologies used in instructional design
- To investigate the aspects of culturally responsive technologies
- To create culturally responsive educational interventions using technologies
- A learning management system (eLC or WordPress) to facilitate reading analysis, intervention analysis and viewing analysis
- Voicethread for introduction activities and the presentation of the final projects
- Students will create educational interventions using technologies that reflect an understanding of multiculturalism and social justice issues.
Reading and Resources
- Affirming Diversities (Nieto and Bode, 2012)
This course is created by being inspired by LLED7040E course taught by Dr. Dell Perry Giles in 2016 Spring in the University of Georgia.